Recipe for Gorgeous Vegetable Soup
This Gorgeous Vegetable Soup combines everything you need to stay healthy in the weeks ahead. It freezes well.
3 TBSPS Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped
1 zuccini, chopped
1 summer squash, chopped
10 green beans, chopped
3 leaves kale, chopped
6 cups vegetable stock (Homemade if you have some on hand. I will share my recipe next week)
1 cup cored, peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes (canned tomatoes are great!)
½ cup chopped parsley
Salt and freshly grated pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
Put 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, deep saucepan or casserole over medium heat.
· When oil is hot, add the onions. Cook and stir the onions often for 3 minutes.
· Add carrots, celery, and potato. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
· Add the zucchini, squash, and green beans. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes.
· Then add the broth and the tomato; bring to a boil, then lower the heat so the mixture is gently simmering.
· Cook, stirring every now and then, until the vegetables are fairly soft and the tomatoes are broken up, about 15-20 minutes.
· Add the kale and parsley, cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes.
· Taste and adjust the seasoning.
· Serve with a salad and a country baguette.
· This soup freezes really nicely.